Check this page often for updated listings of all types of cycling events in and around our area.
Please read the"Bicycles East Group Road Ride Etiquette" sheet at this link and print it, sign, and bring to your next ride. Thank you!
|Every Tuesday - Begins again April 2018||6:00pm||Finished for 2017 - join us in April 2018. Road Ride: "A/B+" Group - avg speed 16-20 mph. "B" Group - avg speed 14-15 mph; "C" group - avg. speed 12.5-13.5 mph. "D" Group - 10-12 mph - appropriate for beginners and those preferring a more relaxed pace. Bring your road bike, water, and helmet.||Bicycles East||860-659-0114|
|Wednesdays - Begin again April 2018||6:00 pm||Women's Road Ride - Join us again in April 2018. Avg. speed 12.5-14 mph. Bring your road bike, helmet, and water, and enjoy the camaraderie of other women cyclists.||Bicycles East||860-659-0114|
|Sundays - most weeks, check website for details||9:00 AM||Mountain Bike Ride - Most Sundays 9:00 am. - Bring your mountain bike, water, and helmet. September 24th, Nathan Hale State Forest, 2299 South Street, Coventry. Park in the rear of the field, to the right of the farm house. Ask for Nick.||860-659-0114|
You are invited to attend our FREE clinic series. It takes place Saturday mornings before we open from 9:15am to 9:45am. No reservation required. Clinics run Spring and Summer.
Bicycles East has once again teamed up with the Town of Glastonbury Parks and Recreation Dept and Bike Walk Glastonbury to offer the Bicycle Boulevard Scavenger Hunt. Travel the family-friendly roads of Glastonbury and earn tickets to enter the prize drawing at the Glastonbury Apple Harvest Festival. Participate in the scavenger hunt anytime between 8:30 and 11:30 am. Start from home or meet behind the Academy Building. You can then ride your bikes directly to the Apple Harvest Festival. The Bicycle Safety Rodeo, put on by the Glastonbury Police Dept, from will be offered from 8:30-10:30. . Find details here. Start from home or meet behind the Academy Building.
You must join our strava club to participate - you can fine more info on our website about the Strava Club. The races schedule and locations are listed on our Events Calendar
• This is a Time Trial and Hill Climb Series
• Time Trial and Hill Climb will alternate each week for a total of four weeks starting October 10, 2016
• The Series schedule will be posted on our events calendar (Bicycles East website and google calendar). • We plan to announce the “race” segment the week before the “challenge” will be held. This announcement will be on our Strava club page
• The race is in not-real time. In other words, you race over the segment on your own time during the schedule week.
• You can race over the segment as many times as you would like…your best time will show up on the Leader Board
• We will filter the Leader board for Club Members only as well as by the date period raced. We can also separate men and women.
Some of these events require fund-raising to benefit charitable organizations. Call for further information. Click Here to Submit an Event
|Sep 30, 2017||Eddy Merckx New England Gran Fondo||Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park||Eddy Merckx New England Gran Fondo: the autumn Classic in the Quite Corner, that is part of the KMC Cross Fest. Quite back roads with little traffic through MA CT and RI. Watch UCI pro level cyclocross racing post ride.|